In 1895, Sfax Chamber was founded under the name The South Mixed Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Its territory, then, covered all the Governorates of South Tunisia.
Under its impulsion, the Sfax Port was reconstructed and the railway lines between Sfax and Gafsa were built.
In 1929, the Chamber was behind the setting up of the Sfax Oil Office which it ran for a few years.
Since 1954, it became totally Tunisian. In 1958, it became known as the South Chamber of Commerce. Then, in 1988, after the political change of November 7th , 1987 and the application of the new arrangements of the Chambers of Commerce, it became known as the South Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
It is in 1992 that it became known as Sfax Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Since then, the SCCI continued to offer its services to the enterprises in an environment characterized by its various economic changes.